Thursday, March 14, 2013

Books to Share

I love books.  I have been reading on Organic cooking all week.  The library is a great place to try out cookbooks.  If there is one where I like more than half the recipes, I think about buying it.

This is one of those books.
My children love to eat popsicles any time of year.  I mean they LOVE popsicles. And the ones at the store have so much fructose and dye in them....yuck.  Cosette and I are excited to make more than half of these ice pops in this book.  Simple, and YUM!

Ice Pop Joy by Anni Daulter

I cannot wait to get this book for summer.  All natural, healthy and fun.

Another book I really love is Kitchen Seasons by Ross Dobson



I love his introduction and I made the sage pork chops from this book (they were so yummy)  Here's a the recipe, simple and great (he made them with Kale potatoes)

For 4 chops:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 eggs (i used 2 and thought it was plenty if you are using large eggs!)
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4-6 fresh sage leaves chopped finely
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 cup finely grated parm cheese
1/2 cup veg oil

Put flour on a flat plate.  Mix eggs and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.  In a seperate bowl, combine sage, breadcrumbs and parm.  Press chop into the flour, coating evenly, then the egg mixture then the breadcrumb mixture.  repeat for all chops.  Cook in veg oil 7 mins each side approx (depending on thickness)

More to review later!

Happy Cooking!








No comments:

Post a Comment