Monday, March 11, 2013

Catching up

I have a nice long post to write when I have some time to myself....there are so many things I have learned.  I have some books to review on Organic cooking for kids (fun!) some recipes to share.....I am looking to make some homemade lemonade, apple sauce and salad dressing.  I hope it works out.  I purchased some healthy flour for my cookie monsters and some cane sugar.  I read what is in those famous 'bear paw' cookies.  WOW.  Things I cannot pronounce.  Sad really.  Cute bear on the front.  But he gives the kids bad things.  He's a bad bear! lol.  Sorbitol, corn syrup and things I don't think I have the patience to type because they are long and when you look them up...they are bad.  My new philosophy:

If you cannot find out what it is or cannot pronounce it, don't eat it.

Got some beautiful produce this week and we are looking into buying some meat shares from a farm. (Delivered monthly!)  This is so much more economical and awesome as the meat is raised on a local farm and not in a factory.  (when i purchase and like I will give a shout out to the farm ;) Normally a person purchases a whole year of shares with the farm (so they know what to grow and raise) and there is NO way we could afford this so they have agreed to a monthly payment (a very reasonable one - actually less than I am spending now on meat for the grocery store meats!) and THAT is such a blessing.  The only thing I will have to go to the store for is lunch items and baby items.  Awesome.  More time to plan meals and spend time with my family.

This week:
Mushroom Lasagna
Pork chops with Kale 'potatoes'
Chicken and Bok Choy
Whole Organic Roast Chicken and root veggies
Lentil Sausage soup with swiss chard and black kale
and more...

I have 3 huge Zuchinnis so we might see some more bread. lol

Happy Monday, posts will be up this week!

(I don't know who reads this but I know people do because of the amount of views.  Please feel free to share and comment at any time.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment