Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Learning as I go

Well you will notice this blog is not fancy.  I cannot photograph anything, let alone food.  So it will all look so humble.  But isn't that the point?  Simplify!  (yes that is my excuse for horrible pictures)

This week has been a bit rough with a toddler who is otherwise pleasant but it is now getting his two year old molars.  He has literally been teething most of his life....you know what?  I would be in a bad mood too!  It is hard on me as well because my pleasant little boy is now throwing fits (to put it mildly) so...not as many recipes posted.   I will try to catch up a little.

I made the BEST homemade lemonade tonight.  (Those were some mega huge lemons Homegrown Organics! lol!) Here is where I got the link:
Simply Recipes

(what is different is that I used organic lemons and cane sugar) Seriously...I am going to use this as a base and mix it up a bit and sit outside for the summer (looking forward to it!) Makes one excited that the weather is warming up.

We are still with the winter produce though and I made this soup: (I am linking as I am catching up..;)
Smitten Kitchen

This was SOOOOOO good. The kids thought it had too much kick and it did.  But it was so tasty, it made lots and it was filling.  Better the next day.  The great thing about this soup that attracted me to try it was that you don't need to begin with a salty broth or cream of something soup.  It was great to sop up with krusty bread and good to send the winter packing with a great finish.

I am afraid to make the Mushroom Lasagna I have planned for Andrew.  I have actually NEVER made a Lasagna so we shall see what happens. (I will report!)

Next post:  Book reviews.  I have been reading up on local produce, organic meat and cooking and there are some beautiful books I would like to share!

On a side note I am happy to report that I am noticing small changes.   I am noticing some changes in my health that are positive. I am noticing that Andrew is less sluggish.  There is less sugar around here and the kids are munching on things that are better for them.  We still have some work to do.

Happy Eating!






No comments:

Post a Comment